The Truth About Start-Up Companies
Other than funding, the #1 reason start-up companies fail is a lack of proven leadership in certain areas of the business. The Sales function is one of the key areas imperative to achieving and sustaining consistent revenue growth.
One of the biggest mistakes start-up and emerging companies make is assuming that because the Founder or CEO has been around Sales, they also fully understand Sales. This is simply not the case based on our real-life experience as VP of Sales executives working in Start-up and Fortune 500 companies.
We know without question that being around Sales is fundamentally different from understanding the Sales function well enough to build and grow a successful Sales team.
There is a better way!
- Do the internal recruiters or headhunters you use to fill mission critical sales roles have real-life Sales or Sales Leadership experience?
- Have you considered working with a part-time or fractional VP of Sales instead of hiring a full-time person?
- Do you have a Sales project like creating a new Commission Plan or Sales Playbook that still needs to be completed?
- What if you could hire a qualified VP of Sales to troubleshoot and fix your Sales problems on an hourly or project basis?
- As President or CEO, have you thought about working with a VP of Sales on monthly retainer to provide you with expert Sales support and guidance?
We have a compelling story to share with you…
The COVID pandemic has been a game changer for companies on many different levels, and the way companies do business has changed dramatically.
As former VP of Sales executives responsible for recruiting, training, performance management, business development, tactics, strategy, and driving revenue growth, we discovered two significant gaps or challenges facing the majority of start-up and growing companies:
1. Cost Effective Sales Recruiting
2. Affordable VP Of Sales Expertise
XSellSource was formed to address these two critical issues facing emerging companies in today’s competitive business environment.
Our Sales Recruiting Experiment
As a preliminary step to launching our company, we felt it prudent to conduct a two-year Sales recruiting experiment. Based on our experience, we know without question the “Silver Bullet” to building a successful Sales organization is hiring the right people.
Members of our team personally interviewed with 100 companies ranging from Start-up to Fortune 500 for Sales, Business Development, and Sales Management positions throughout the United States between 2017 – 2019.